Things that bother me at work.
- Are you working hard or hardly working? Well duh I am working, do you think I want to lose my minimum wage job? (Yes, probably) I get asked that at least 5 times a night.
- Wow, you are always here! Yes that would make sense because I work here.
- To you know the price of this? Probably but I am to lazy to scan it because you are just going to put it back because the price is too high.
- Do I swipe or insert the chip? Swipe! There is a sigh right in front of the credit card machine that says please swipe card! Not that hard people.
- Well, I talked to your manager and they said you have to let me do this. Umm, excuse me. People the sign says I am in charge and I say no! Plus if I didn’t hear it straight from the manager it did not happen.
- I don’t care about your dog, cat, or daughter you haven’t seen in five years, I have a line of people. Please take your bags and go see a therapist.
- I am not your; baby, sweety pie, sweet heart, babe, pumpkin, darling, hot stuff, cutie. Please use the name on my name tag.
- Throwing money at me or at the counter will make me less inclined to be nice.
- Walking in to the store and yelling at me what you want before you have made it to the counter. Trust me I am not moving to get anything until you are standing in front of me.
- Yes I hate my job. I work 8 to 12 hours with no breaks, overnights, with almost no off days making $7.50 an hour but I will do my job with a smie on my face, even when I really want to walk out.
- The people I work with are just as bad as customers, its like being back in high school just worse!
I am sure I could think of a thousand more things… I need a different job that is for sure! Hopefully the best is still to come.