When you start believing what others say about yourself it is really hard to turn your life around. For the longest time now I have listened to people close to me tell me who I am and where I am going in my life. They said things such as; you are a failure, you are wasting your life away, you haven’t done anything to be proud of, you are getting older and have nothing to show for it, you have never been in a relationship so we gave up on you ever having kids or a life. The list goes on. I have let these hateful things sink in to the deepest parts of my mind and take hold. What they said haunted me for month after month, I became lost. I couldn’t remember who I was, WHO I AM.
I let words ruin myself esteem. I let words bring me down. I let words control my life. I gave up on writing the blog I enjoyed so much because I didn’t want to lie and end another post with “the best is yet to come.” I let these people tear away the best parts of me and all that was left of me was an empty shell. I was stuck in this never ending rerun of hateful words and thoughts, I honestly believed that I was those hateful words. But I AM NOT!
I am creative, hardworking, loving, strong, helpful, trusting and by all means I AM ME!!!!
I realize no matter what these people say about me, they are wrong. If this is truly what they believe me to be than they don’t really know who I am, and you know what, that is okay. I don’t mind if they have forgotten they real me, who I am beneath all of my failures and mistakes. I can only hope that they remember who they are and they are better then harsh words. I will not stand by any longer and be a stepping stone for them to walk all over and I will certainly not give up the best parts of me and trade them in for the worst parts of them. I will keep pushing towards the goals that I set for myself and make something out of the nothing that was handed to me. I will not fail myself again.
If anyone is out there reading this and you have been in a similar situation, I would like to give you some advice if you would be so kind to let me.
1) You are amazing
2) Even if they say your life goals are unrealistic, someone out there right now was told the same thing and doing what they love, guess what so can you. Your goals are right there reach out and take hold.
3) You won’t be able to make everyone happy no matter how hard you try, so just work on making yourself happy
4) You are beautiful in every single way, and I truly mean that
5) Don’t give up
6) Sometimes you have to turn off your ears and listen to your heart
7) You will make it, you have to keep trying
8) There will be a time you want to give up….Don’t
9) Don’t ever let anyone tell you who you are, don’t fail yourself. The world needs a beautiful mind like yours.
10) As I always say THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
Thank you for reading!!! Keep a look out for new up and coming post from me! You guys are fantastic!